Over the past two centuries, there has been steady progress in all areas of medicine. The area of plastic and reconstructive surgery has not been the exception to this and this specialty has been one of those that have had greater impact due to the development of more and better techniques throughout this time.
If you wish to enhance your beauty or change something in your body, you can go to a plastic surgeon or clinic near your location. That’s how complex and wonderful plastic surgery is.
By definition, cosmetic surgery is one that is done to modify parts of the body that are unsatisfactory to patients. Generally, healthy people or people with controlled diseases can be good candidates for this type of surgery.
While there are no completely risk-free medical or surgical procedures, plastic surgeries often have a risk equal to any other surgical procedure, provided they are carried out by a certified plastic surgeon and in clinical or hospital units where patient safety is given priority over any other consideration.
However, there are certain diseases that can constitute a contraindication to be operated on and that requires assessment and more complex studies before being able to enter your surgery. Among others, we can point out:
- Diseases that increase the risk of serious blood clots
- Diseases that cause poor blood clotting with an increased risk of bleeding
- Serious and uncontrolled diseases of the heart and lungs
- Heavy smoking increases the risk of infection of wounds and worsens wound healing
- Active infections at the site to operate
- Active autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus erythematosus
- Mental illnesses that may influence the expectations and objectives of the surgery
- Specific contraindications to the surgery to be performed, for example, the presence of an active malignant tumor during breast augmentation surgery
Currently, most plastic surgery procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis in short-term clinics, where you expect to stay less than 24 hours. This is now made possible by improvements in the quality and safety of these clinics, the certification processes of clinics and specialists, and the focus of surgical and anesthetic techniques on patient safety.
This has led to the costs of plastic surgery in the United States to become more accessible and competitive, so we will not have to sacrifice the safety and quality of care we have in this country, going to other countries, where although there is a considerable number of procedures performed and experience, there are no optimal safety standards, which increases the risks of surgeries.
So once the patient has been assessed by his/her plastic surgeon and decided on the type of surgery to be performed with viable objectives that allow optimal results, you can proceed to complete the necessary steps so that the planned surgery can be performed as safely as possible.
- Complete standard lab tests and chest X-ray and electrocardiogram will be ordered if you are older than 50 or have chronic diseases such as high blood pressure or diabetes. Depending on the results, an evaluation by an internist may be necessary to control any unusual situation.
- An assessment prior to surgery will be performed by an anesthesiologist.
- The indications of the treating surgeon regarding the steps to be taken before the surgery and those concerning the post-surgery care should be followed.
It is important to keep in mind that a person must have cosmetic surgery to feel better about themselves, without the goal of satisfying other people’s needs. This to avoid unrealistic expectations regarding the scope and benefits that can be expected from a plastic surgery.
In Plastic and Anti-Aging Surgery, PA Adley Da Silva and its collaborators offer plastic surgery with the highest quality and safety standards for the patient, with certified professionals, optimal facilities and open arms and hearts to listen to you and solve all your doubts.
ABOUT COSMETICA PLASTIC SURGERY & ANTI-AGING
COSMETICA is a plastic and anti-aging surgery clinic located in Port St. Lucie, Florida and is considered one of the best clinics to have surgery. We have a rating of 5.0 in our reviews of Google, as our treatment and quality of service are exceptional. Adley Da Silva gives free consultation appointments to advise on surgeries so that the results stick as closely as possible to the patient’s expectations, in addition all staff are highly qualified. "Enhance your beauty" is the motto of COSMETICA, as we believe that we are all by nature, beautiful.